This position will be required to interact in a team environment while performing engineering related tasks such as but not limited to, create part and assembly layouts and component prints, participate during manufacturing feasibility reviews, complete bill of materials, familiar with both design and process FMEA’s / DVP&R’s and related test plans, able to assess customer specifications and product requirements and relate them to Spiral Industries, and able to support the manufacturing team and tool room machinist as needed.
- Layouts – manufacturing drawings.
- Manufacturing feasibility of designs.
- BOM creation.
- Communication with customers.
- Problem solving.
- DFMEA, PFMEA, and DVPR.
- Customer requirements and specifications.
- Understand tooling inventory and capabilities.
- SolidWorks / CAD knowledge and experience.
- Clear understanding of productions process.
- Support manufacturing team in resolving issues.
- Travel as required to support trade shows, customer visits, and project builds as needed.
- Machine design.
- Support quality with measurement and validation of parts and assemblies .
- Support the lab with testing and part configuration as needed.
- Support CAD designer with guidance and direction as needed.
- Support sales engineer / sales group as needed with RFQ’s.
- Enter and maintain Great Plain’s data base.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering preferred, with 3 to 6 years of equivalent work history and experience in automotive or related industry. Clear understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products required. Proficient in SolidWorks or equivalent CAD software training. Must be willing to work in manufacturing and office environments. Must possess active drivers U.S. license.