The position will manage the entire product development process and will be responsible to coordinate concept design and samples creation, internal and customer approval and final product and packaging design and tooling prior to launch.
- Assist production to eliminate process waste associated with new and modified products.
- Collaborate with tool vendors and customers to ensure tooling meets expectations.
- Provide insight, leadership and commitment to operating within an ISO 9001 process.
- Participate in Customer Concern and Corrective Action meetings to solve production issues.
- Provide guidance to setup personnel concerning production issues.
- Develop packaging design and drawings using AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in prototype fabrication and assembly equipment.
- Interpret customer drawings, tool drawings, and sketches.
- Complete the costing process for both parts and packaging design.
- Operate the prototype and model shop and all equipment in a safe manner.
- Administer all customer required prototype drop testing according to customer standards.
- Assist the sales group with customers interface to answer customer design questions.
- Verify materials used in product design using appropriate testing method.
- Perform production sample testing to validate that the design input meets the design output.
- Possess a complete and thorough understanding of molding, tooling, and costing process.
- Correspond clearly through written and oral communication.
- Follow ISO 9001 procedures relative to the task being performed.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and related Work Instructions. Experience, Competencies, and Education.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field or equivalent experience with a minimum of five years of progressive product development experience is required. A proven record of coordinating product development projects is a plus. A clear understanding of tube and hose manufacturing is desirable. Strong detail orientation with the ability to work with overseas vendors is a must. Solid written and verbal communication skills are required.